Sunday, July 05, 2020

Trump the COVID Coward quits during wartime

Remember when Trump labeled himself as the "wartime president" fighting the Coronavirus pandemic? From Politico:

“I do, I actually do, I'm looking at it that way,” Trump told reporters during a press briefing at the White House when asked whether he considered the U.S. to be on a wartime footing. “I look at it, I view it as, in a sense, a wartime president. I mean, that's what we're fighting.“

After just four months of battle resulting in 3 million infections, 132,000 deaths, 14% unemployment, and trillions in lost revenues the wartime president has tucked tail and declared he is quitting. From NBC News:
Eager to move forward and reopen the economy amid a recession and a looming presidential election, the White House is now pushing acceptance. 
"The virus is with us, but we need to live with it," is how one official said the administration plans to message on the pandemic.
Just like during the Vietnam war, trump has morphed into a COVID Coward. A weak, incompetent, lying, confused, COVID Coward. We haven't lost the battle over the virus. We have just lost the coward in chief.

No comments: